Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wilco

I went to see Wilco on the last night of their tour on Saturday night. It was the most amazing show I've ever seen. There is a huge difference between a talented band and a talented band that has "it." Wilco has more of "it" than any band out there. At least I can't imagine one that does.

They played for 3 hours and I found myself worshiping God more than I have in quite some time. He was just so evident in everything they played. I don't know what kind of relationship with God that the members of Wilco have, if any, but it doesn't really matter. Whether they are Christians or atheists, I believe that the very source of creativity in everything they did is from God. Their show was just so moving. The fact that human beings can create such amazing art is just mind blowing to me. This will not be my last Wilco show. I can't wait to have that experience again.

One other thought....The band just seemed to be having so much fun playing their music. I know it may seem this is true at any rock show you go to, but I have to wonder how much of that is the "show." I've never felt like a band was genuinely having this much fun. What I wouldn't give to have that.

4 comments:

WICK said...

for more on us being "beings created to create"...see the movie "Ratatouille" from the context of food = worship.

ngerman said...

I wasn't a fan of "Ratatouille." Wait...didn't I see that movie with you while it was showing on the 'BIG SCREEN?' Anyway, Wilco is way better!

Bethany said...

I'm glad you were able to go! : )

Bethany said...

Wait! I haven't been blogging?!