Sunday, February 15, 2009

I need your help!

Some of you know and some of you don't, but I am planning on moving to Australia sometime in the next year. The the plan was and still is to move in October when my lease is up. I recently found out about a dream job in Australia and decided (with the urging of Wick) that I would be an idiot to not at least apply. The job is basically to be a caretaker of a small island on the Great Barrier Reef. Live there, explore, and blog on my experiences. Too good to be true, huh?

This is where you come in. I have to submit a 60 second video interview. It needs to be creative. I need to get their attention and tell them why I would be the best person for the job. They want the video to be relevant and funny. I need ideas!!! What can I do to be unique. Please comment your ideas if you read this!

Thanks in advance!

4 comments:

Jake T said...

I watched two of the other videos. They were ok.

But they didn't convince me that the dudes were great communicators who can get other people excited about the subject (which, I'm sure, is what they're looking for).

They need somebody who can sell ice to Eskimos.

Can you sell ice? ;)

ngerman said...

Agreed, but selling is not my issue. Catching their eye is where it's at. I need a good idea for that. I only have 60 seconds.

Kyle said...

the younger girls seem to like you that could be a selling point... but on a serious note they need someone who is interesting and that is defiantly you... any help you need just ask i know a guy who has a lot of video editing stuff... maybe this is where the apartment sitcom pays off...

WICK said...

You have 60 seconds to sell them that YOU are the man to sell Australian tourism. Creative concise communication, with a bit of cheese. Your name is Noah. You have a natural connection to a man who potentially saved thousands of species already. Claim your namesake, and promise to be even more caring with the Kangaroos than he was.