Friday, February 15, 2008

The ups and downs of writing songs

I've been experimenting with songwriting lately and it's extremely stressful. When I first write something I have all these thoughts about how great it could be. I like where the song is going and my vision for the song is fairly clear. Then you put it away and sleep on it and it's like it turned to crap overnight. Doubt sets in as you try match the seemingly terrible lyrics to a melody. All of the sudden you're trying to remember what the song is even about!

All this to say...I HATE SONGWRITING! But, I'm extremely hooked. Let's just hope it gets better.

5 comments:

Jake T said...

it's a love song about breaking up, remember?

hehehe

ngerman said...

Yeah, and there was no love and there was no break up. It's a horrible song.

WICK said...

maybe that's why so many songs we hear these days are about jack squat.

and sound like it to.

oh wait...except those hippy bands you and jake listen to. They must be incredible. hehe.

what was it? pink scrubbers or something?

The Giffen Family said...

just wanted to let you know I've popped in to stalk you via blogger! :) oh the hobbies I've acquired due to the internet!!

Bethany said...

are you anti-blogging too? lol